POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making money from art : Re: Making money from art Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making money from art
From: Dan Byers
Date: 24 Jun 2003 22:53:58
Message: <BB1E7892.C625%goofygraffix@huntel.net>
in article web.3ef85123db84679a52c52af60@news.povray.org, darrenf at
dar### [at] ukonlinenet wrote on 6/24/03 8:24 AM:

> Hello
>
> Just wondering if any pov-ray artists have made any money from their work?
>
> Has anyone made any money from zazzle.com?
>
> What is the 'in' graphics at the moment?
>
> Are fractal images still selling?
>
> What about organic surreal art, is this selling at the moment?
>

> I am just wondering what option to make some money from povray.
>
> Thanks
>
> darrenf

I've had zero luck with zazzle, but I have sold some 8 1/2 x 11 ink-jet
prints to some people on ebay.  Every great once in a while, I'll get a
request for a custom graphic job - website graphics, logo for a band, that
sort of thing.  Not exactly rolling in the dough, but it safer than selling
heroin.

Dan
Goofy Graffix - http://www.huntel.net/goofygraffix