POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hair-Modelling using Springs? : Re: Hair-Modelling using Springs? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hair-Modelling using Springs?
From: Fidel viegas
Date: 4 Sep 2002 18:56:53
Message: <B99C4D69.3FE4%fidel.viegas@artrecognition.co.uk>
Hi Tim,
I don't remember where I got this file, so I include it here. Have a look at
it. It may be useful to you. I didn't have the time to look at it properly
as I'm still trying to learn povray properly.

All the best

Fidel.

in article 3d764500@news.povray.org, Tim Nik### [at] timnikias@gmx.de wrote
on 4/9/02 6:39 pm:

> I've been doing some work on creating furballs recently,
> and I've come to the conclusion that I wanted to write a
> script which places hairs, bends them according to
> gravity, but also stays out of planes and spheres (easy
> to implement, required for furballs) and uses springs
> in order to have no hairs intersect.
>
> Nontheless, I also need springs which pull nodes back
> together, as to keep a certain length for the hair.
>
> I don't want to run for animations yet, so I don't need
> some magnificient code which I can run through animations,
> just some code which can calculate some hundred strands
> of hair, grow them from a sphere, and doesn't let them
> intersect the sphere, themselves, and a plane underneath.
>
> Any links, or formulaes for springs (both ways: nodes
> getting too close, in order to move them apart, and nodes
> getting too far off, in order to get them close enough together
> to keep the length of the hair)?
>
> --
> Tim Nikias
> Homepage: http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights/index.html