POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mathematics question : Mathematics question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:41:30 EDT (-0400)
  Mathematics question
From: Dan Byers
Date: 23 Jan 2002 23:58:49
Message: <B874F12C.9271%goofygrafx@aol.com>
It's been about 20 years since I had geometry, so I'm way rusty.  Anyway,
this should be an easy one for our mathematically-gifted viewers out
there...

As you can see by the lovely model, I have a triangle with a single right
angle (iscoseles(sp) triangle? I'm guessing at this point...).  The base of
the triangle is 5 units wide, and the height is 4 units.  Given we know the
base/height angle is 90 degress and the length of the base and width, I'd
like to know:

1)  The length of the hypotenuse (I think that's what it's called).
2)  The degree measurement of the other two angles.

I _know_ there's a formula for determining that, but I can't remember for
the life of me.  If I could get that formula, that would make my life a lot
easier (I need it for a macro I'm writing).

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance :)  If this is
being posted to the wrong forum, please accept my sincere apologies...

--
dan
http://hometown.aol.com/goofygrafx

Post a reply to this message