POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remote rendering? : Re: remote rendering? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remote rendering?
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 19 Jul 1999 10:24:07
Message: <B3B97254-B964B@147.109.83.2>
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 2:42 PM, Mark Wagner <mailto:mar### [at] gtenet>
wrote:

>Ken wrote in message <3792A870.28EEC9E3@pacbell.net>...
>>

>>Bob Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> Let's keep looking for that web site offering POV-Ray rendering (fee or
>>> free).
>>
>>What we need is one of them college dudes with PVM set up on a cluster
and
>>has too much time on his hands for this type of thing. I am sure there's
>>bunch of those around. Yeah right ! :)

Sigh, I once had the offer (indirectly so I didn't follow it through) of
some free time on a network of Solaris machines in the States... (Is there
a POV for distributed rendering on clusters of SMP Solaris?)

Ask someone here for space/time to develop:
fishbutt.fiver.net/site.html

Tell 'em an ugly tasmanian's uglier tasmanian friend sent you :-)
(Ask for Bob)

Have Fun
Martin
--
Owner/Operator - Tesseract Computing
<ringnose 'at' tesseract.com.au> or just reply.