POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Clouds? (Yeah, media...) but how here? : Re: Clouds? (Yeah, media...) but how here? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clouds? (Yeah, media...) but how here?
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 19 Jul 1999 10:10:08
Message: <B3B96F0D-AD10B@147.109.83.2>
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:30 PM, Remco de Korte <mailto:rem### [at] xs4allnl>
wrote:
>Martin Crisp wrote:
>>
>I don't know if this works, but it's worth a try:
>you mention intersection two plains, did you try intersection the
heightfield
>with its negative? If you translate the negative up a bit I think what is
left
>is a cut out of the peaks. Translate this up a little bit to make it stick
out
>of the original heightfield and do some funny stuff with media.

No. In fact if I'd thought about it a bit more, the intersection between
two planes and the existing mesh is (almost) exactly what I need (DOH!!).
(Reading the manual isn't the problem, thinking laterally enough is...).

>What I would probably do is whack a blob on each peak (you already have
the
>math
>for that).

Only indirectly... (visions of finding local maxima above a threshold value
<shudder>)

>Good luck,

Luck is not a factor :-)

Thanks

Have Fun
Martin
--
Owner/Operator - Tesseract Computing
<hypercube 'at' tesseract.com.au> or just reply.

Computer Systems Officer - Tourism Tasmania
<Martin.Crisp 'at' tourism.tas.gov.au>

I speak for me.