POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request for next release : Re: Feature request for next release Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request for next release
From: Glen Berry
Date: 21 Feb 2000 08:50:00
Message: <B0GxOPIjuUuqgfdPeAUL0IskGBec@4ax.com>
On 21 Feb 2000 06:49:27 -0500, Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote:

>  How old is this text? Floating points were slower in 386 and perhaps in
>486, but in the new pentiums they aren't.

One of the programs I am thinking of was probably created before the
Pentium, or at the very latest, about the time the first Pentiums were
created.

My main point wasn't about speed, but the notion that the floating
point routines were considered more accurate. Don't let the "red
herring" of speed distract you.

later,
Glen Berry