POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Glen Berry
Date: 14 Mar 2000 00:48:16
Message: <As3NOAOBs+Ru55ANkKtFBbwnSUuI@4ax.com>
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:50:40 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>In article <38CCF223.EE4E8A91@nigels.com>, nig### [at] eisanetau wrote:
>
>> 	All I want to see here is some more brainstorming
>> 	going on.  If povray is still available in 2050,
>> 	it will only be because it keeps evolving.
>
>Just don't forget that it won't keep developing if everyone stops using
>it because of a poor design choice.

Poor design choices haven't stopped it yet.    :)

...and yes, there *have* been at least a few poor design choices.

I say if someone has the ability to write an XML based POV, more power
to them. It would be nice to actually have such a program to test,
instead of just speculating about it. You won't often find me
discouraging experimentation with new ideas. It's often the more
unusual ideas that end up being the most enlightening. Even if an idea
never makes it into mainstream use, there is often still be a place
for it, or it might lead to bigger and better things, as yet
unforseen.

Later,
Glen Berry