POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D renderings converted to 4x6 photo : Re: 3D renderings converted to 4x6 photo Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D renderings converted to 4x6 photo
From: Glen Berry
Date: 19 Feb 2000 01:53:38
Message: <ADuuOOYvMbWryLFAoQPcu2g37gKJ@4ax.com>
On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:09:35 -0600, "Bob Hughes"
<omn### [at] hotmailcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

>Hope you realize that 1280x1024 is a 1.25:1 aspect ratio and set the camera to
>that instead of using the default 1.333:1.
>
>Bob
>
>"Mike Weber" <mik### [at] pyxiscom> wrote in message
>| I took two of my renderings and re-rendered them at 1280x1024 and sent them
>| (including a bunch of images from my digital camera) to http://www.ofoto.com

I think you both might be forgetting something. If you want the render
to totally  fill a 4x6 print without cropping, you don't want a
1280x1024 image anyway. 4x6 prints have an aspect ratio of 1.5 You
probably want to create a rendering with a 1.5 aspect ratio in the
first place.

When I create images for my local photo lab to print as 4x6 prints on
photo paper, I create them as 1800x 1200 images. The lab is using a
Konica machine that is optimized for 300dpi input. I actually spoke to
a Konica rep personally get the 300 dpi recommendation, because the
local lab had no idea what to recommend. Other brands and models of
printers will have different requirements. It's always a good idea to
ask your lab what the best resolution is, and if they don't seem to
know, then do what I did. Call the people that manufactured their
equipment, and ask them.    :)

later,
Glen Berry