POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama : Re: President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: President Obama
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Jan 2009 06:15:09
Message: <A69391603A2F462E880A2431505D7187@HomePC>
You know, from your post it seems that you would enjoy a book I'm
reading right now.  It's called "Real Change," and it was written by
Newt Gingrich.

Basically, it's a da**ing indictment of both political parties, along
with specific examples of failed government contrasted with successful
government.  Oh, and he pushes his civic action group a lot in it.

The only problem I really have with him is his insistence that public
opinion should be consulted when determining long-term policy (he's
careful in his emphasis on long-term planning & policies rather than
short term, which limits mob mentality a bit).  It's not that I think
the average person is incapable of making a good decision, it's just
that the average person hasn't done the research in order to make a good
decision.

In theory[1], we elect leaders who are supposed to do the research to
make decisions that we don't have the time (or inclination) to study,
thus freeing us to pursue other interests.  It goes against common sense
to then second-guess those leaders because, at first glance, we don't
like the decisions they make.

[1]See my sig.

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

I'd like to live in Theory.  Everything works there.