POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text). : Re: Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text). Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text).
From: Mike Williams
Date: 8 Sep 2000 15:06:31
Message: <9utkmCALxMu5EwIO@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Greg M. Johnson who wrote:
>I'm proposing the following required format for the 10Best Cd
>collection.
>It can be of any length with any number of include files or what have
>you . But it should be one html zipped together with text files and
>JPG's per "submission."
>Each file should follow the following format for use of included html
>code, included longer files, headings, and for reference to JPG's. I'll
>make up a web page to explain this in greater detail.  But any
>objections to this so far?

It looks severely bland. How about providing a pretty cascading style
sheet, and we'll all link to it by putting a link to it, like
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="pretty.css"></head>
and perhaps having a background image or background colour that we'd all
use.

I notice that there's no navigation specified here. Are you planning on
having all the navigation in a separate frame (and remembering that
POVRay runs on some machines that don't have frame-capable browsers) or
are you expecting the users to make extensive use of the BACK button?

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure