POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Problem : Re: Animation Problem Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Problem
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 12 May 2004 06:08:42
Message: <9st3a0dduobrkv45snl5t31p2tnt1fmf1j@4ax.com>
On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:34:16 EDT, "CFM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>Thanks for the welcome.

You're welcome

>BTW, I still cannot figure out how to get POV to read files besides the
>"scenes" folder. How do I get the POV program to read from other folders or
>directories?

You need to change the settings in povray.ini so that Pov-Ray knows
where to find your files.

Go to Tools > Edit Master POVRAY.INI
And edit the ini file to include the directories you keep your files
in e.g.

Library_Path=H:\Graphics\Moray For Windows V3_5\Maps
Library_Path=H:\Graphics\Moray For Windows V3_5\Maps\Planets

There is a very good manual that comes with Pov-Ray. It is advisable
to read it, from end to end. I know it is tempting to just get "stuck
in" but it is well worth the time. Another point, in the newusers
group people are much more tolerant and very helpful. In the more
advanced groups you tend to get answers like RTFM. Guess what that
means :-}
In case you don't know, It is traditional for your first post to be a
variation of a reflective sphere on a checkered plane

Regards
        Stephen