POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : curve with thickness : Re: curve with thickness Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curve with thickness
From: ABX
Date: 19 May 2003 03:29:48
Message: <9l1hcvo1touvhdfuf2jt0mnkk8egq0dm46@4ax.com>
On 17 May 2003 19:16:44 +0200, Kasper Peeters <kas### [at] aeimpgde> wrote:
> I want to 'plot' a curve (for which I know the parametric expression,
> i.e. the three coordinates as a function of a single parameter) and
> give it some thickness (like a thick rope). So I'm looking for
> something like sphere_sweep, but with the curved described by my
> parametric expression, not by a spline.
>
> What is the best/most efficient way to do this?

If the parametric equation gives you only a location than you can use this
location to make other objects like blob, sphere_sweep, union of other objects.
If the parametric equation gives you also direction vector without much
calculations and then it can give you set of circles along path then you could
consider making parametric surface as parametric{} object or as mesh{} from
'Meshmerizing Mesh Maker Macros' http://members.home.nl/seedseven/#MMMM

ABX