POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation of high density mesh data : Re: Animation of high density mesh data Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation of high density mesh data
From: Peter Popov
Date: 26 Jun 2000 17:56:28
Message: <98kflscjk4j6auj3sr4te7j787c9dqj448@4ax.com>
On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:31:00 -0400, Dongho Kim <dki### [at] seasgwuedu>
wrote:

>The problem is that this set up is done in every frame.
>Is there any way to use statically set up data and just trace
>another frame from different viewpoints?

Maybe the persistance features in MegaPOV can help you? I guess the
vista and light buffers will have to be re-calculated on a
frame-by-frame basis but at least the huge mesh won't have to be
parsed. I might be wrong, though, so don't rush it :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet