POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Syncmaster monitor won't rotate : Re: Syncmaster monitor won't rotate Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Syncmaster monitor won't rotate
From: Mike Williams
Date: 9 Mar 2004 02:41:40
Message: <95gXiJAOTXTAFw3E@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Michael Robison who wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to use a model for a monitor but there's something funny about
>it.
>When I try to rotate it as in:
>
>object { SYNCMASTER17  rotate -90*y }
>
>it fails.  I think it says there's a brace missing.  I notice it's an older
>model.  I
>tried deleting the version specific reference and putting the ambient inside
>a finish statement, but no luck.  I think there's something in there that
>needs
>to be tweaked so that I can rotate it.  Any help  would be appreciated.  The
>code is below.

"#version 1.0" doesn't support the "rotate -90*y" syntax so you can do
any of three things:-

1. Do it all in version 3.5, by changing the "ambient 0.3" to
   "finish { ambient 0.3 }".

2. Do it all in version 1.0, by changing the "rotate -90*y" to
   "rotate <0,-90,0>".

3. Do it in a mixture of versions by switching back to "#version 3.5"
   (or "#version monitor" to revert to the default value that you saved)
   before the "object { SYNCMASTER17  rotate -90*y }" line.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure