POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Colour-flip bug? : Re: Colour-flip bug? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colour-flip bug?
From: ABX
Date: 17 Jan 2003 01:49:16
Message: <959f2v001lqpg6cqhplq9ojnk87ftd4el0@4ax.com>
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:31:49 +0100, Julien Gourdon <jul### [at] cnedraorg> wrote:
> > I'm not sure how you have recognize that this is a horizontal plane and not
> > vertical ... ;-)
>
> y normal ? Was not this supposed to be horizontal ? :)

When you lie in bed and your view is rotated about 90 degrees, horizont is
still at the same place, not rotated. The appearance of view by itself does
not define horizontal and vertical things. Meaning of 'horizontal' is relative
and is influenced by assumptions about envirionment. More accurate thinking is
probably something like: "it is horizontal plane becouse 'sky' keyword in
camera statement was not changed and therefore default sky can be reached
going along y. the plane normal is also y but has nothing to do with this."
:-)

ABX