POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CAD - > POV : CAD - > POV Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  CAD - > POV
From: Paul Hustava
Date: 7 Sep 2002 10:57:46
Message: <928263250pedro.wocka@204.213.191.226>
I work in a beverage manufacturing facility. We recently added a tank farm
-- lots of blending tanks, pumps, pipes & control pods. This particular
area was fully engineered & placed in an AutoCAD drawing (3D) before any
ground was broken.

There were 'after' photos taken of the area, but the ambient [and|or] flash
lighting don't do justice to the thought and labor which was put into this
project.

Rather than calling in a professional photographer, we discussed the
possibility of converting the AutoCAD drawings to POV and creating images
from that.

Before I delve into unknown areas and make promises I cannot keep, I want
to know if there is a particular CAD > POV conversion application anyone
has used with any success? I would prefer to be able to manipulate lighting
and camera positioning (a'la Moray) before export to POV.

A couple of requirements:

Preferbly should support Autocad 2000. If not, I could convert to earlier
version I guess.

Said application should cost $500 (US) or less.

Thanks!