POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Povray BUG: Macro from Within While Loop : Re: Povray BUG: Macro from Within While Loop Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray BUG: Macro from Within While Loop
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 31 Mar 1999 09:09:28
Message: <922889132.882806098@news.povray.org>
>I have been having a similar problem (with the linux version as well),
>although my c programming skills leave quite a lot to be desired, so if you
>could post the file and line numbers to remove and what affect this will
>have it would be good.

From the file  tokenize.c, comment out the following block...
(It's _near_ line 2382, in the function Parse_Directive, search on
"While", it should be the second or third....

         case WHILE_COND:
/*
           if (Cond_Stack[CS_Index].While_File != Data_File->File)
           {
              Error("#while loop didn't end in file where it started.");
           }
*/

And please let us know if it solves your problem too!

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] eisanetau)  http://www.eisa.net.au/~nigels/
Postgrad Research Student, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia