POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I make an object generate light in a radiosity scene? : Re: How can I make an object generate light in a radiosity scene? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I make an object generate light in a radiosity scene?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Nov 2003 05:32:03
Message: <91ce91-csd.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
incognito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how I can make an object generate light for a radiosity
> scene? Reference to the documentation are welcome. I am somewhat confused
> if this is done differently for radiosity than what is mentioned in the
> documentation I have seen so far.

I don't see anything wrong in the docs about this issue.  You can
increase the emission of radiance of a surface by increasing the ambient
finish component.  It is also mentioned as an example in the radiosity
tutorial:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/106/

(note the online version misses the image texts)

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______