POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 : Re: MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5
From: ABX
Date: 13 Sep 2002 08:25:41
Message: <90m3ou8uubbqfdu6m3ailgpg7n4gtss85u@4ax.com>
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 22:10:49 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> > Since there are some press informations about HyperThreading are there also
> > some news about optimizations made for POV ?
>
> No, I know nothing specific.

I have wrote to Francois Piednoel when he asked that one place where threading
could be applied is spline interpolation. Every dimension can be calculated
parallel becouse not influence each other. That's only idea. I can't imagine
how it could be written in the sources to point compiler it should be compiled
with threading.

ABX