POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Convert Wavefront OBJect files to POV-Script : Convert Wavefront OBJect files to POV-Script Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Convert Wavefront OBJect files to POV-Script
From: Robert Baker
Date: 28 Aug 2008 05:56:55
Message: <8vscb4lo00auo1mubpu5dtt3u3jgd75cun@4ax.com>
I used to use a (simple, but effective) rendering program called
Renderise Live, but for some reason it doesn't work on Windows XP.
Hence I need to start learning POV-Script; with any luck POV-Ray will
be around for many more years.

My 3D models collection are all in Wavefront Object format (.OBJ --
probably the most stupid choice of filetype *ever*, as I can't use
them on XP unless I rename them to append a .txt extension), as that
was the only object file type I could find which the modelling program
output as text (the DXFs it created were the binary variety), and thus
the only one I could figure out so I could generate models using
programs of my own.

Is there a program to convert Wavefront .OBJ files into .pov files?
Perhaps an .svg->.pov converter would also be a good idea...