POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Tranformation matrix to change coordinate spaces : Re: Tranformation matrix to change coordinate spaces Server Time
6 May 2024 16:42:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tranformation matrix to change coordinate spaces
From: Peter Popov
Date: 11 May 2001 07:42:24
Message: <8sjnft4eusdddpsrgtb2css6jvhtmus9sl@4ax.com>
On Fri, 11 May 2001 10:53:09 +0200, "Rune"
<run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

>Do you need access the matrix itself or do you just need a transformation
>that works?

I need the matrix and how to find the coefficients, POV SDL if
possible. I will eventually code it in C++ but don't spoil the fun and
let me do that part myself :)

>If the latter, and if you use MegaPov, you can use:
>
>transform {Coordinate_space1_matrix inverse}
>transform {Coordinate_space2_matrix}
>
>This is untested code, but I think it was something like that.

OK, I'll test it (d/ling MP/Linux atm)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg