POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Another off-topic Linux question : Another off-topic Linux question Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:36:11 EDT (-0400)
  Another off-topic Linux question
From: Peter Popov
Date: 11 Nov 2002 09:53:16
Message: <8ngvsu8o7padtgutcod9q8v6ocn6k7pprm@4ax.com>
Sorry again, but I am really getting desperate.

through SMB considering that the machines are in a Windows NT domain?
All I am getting when trying to mount a share is an Access denied. I
know zilch about Windows networking so anything will be of help.

The Samba FAQ is quite vague and from what I see, I have to have local
user accounts mapped for the NT domain user accounts - and I certainly
don't want that! Why else would I separate myself from the local
network with a firewall in the first place?

I tried joining the domain but I don't have the rights to - it seems a
vicious circle.

Anyone know of an extensive FAQ covering this *particular* issue - not
like the official Samba one sparing half a page for it?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg