POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: IMBJR Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IMBJR
From: IMBJR
Date: 9 Mar 2004 16:32:07
Message: <8lcs40hhofeockgqmt2appf88p9o0pd2mm@4ax.com>
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:23:32 -0500, Christopher James Huff
<cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>In article <cktp40lls455qv549e005icm6fr2ftpv26@4ax.com>,
> IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote:
>
>> Now you give the greater detail. Sheeh! Dear me. I think you need to
>> leave if you cannot get it right first time.
>
>Why? You're the one causing trouble. I don't think anyone here would be
>sad to see you leave. I would be very glad to see that happen. In fact,
>I will state it as a personal request: Please leave, now, and never come
>back.

Please don't beg, it looks horribly desperate.

>That was a personal request, as a user of these newsgroups. Now, as a
>TAG member: Do not *ever* tell other users of this server they should
>leave. Do not even imply it. You are on very thin ice here. We have
>tolerated your abuse of this server so far, but we will not tolerate
>attempts to chase away legitimate users.

Now, I'm not entirely sure if I have or have not. Certainly, I've
asked people to killfile me, but that's not the same.

If this is indeed the rule of the place, then I shall comply as I have
been doing about the effing since it was pointed out to me.

However, it seems slightly odd for you to beg me to leave when you say
its against the rules, but I suppose the masters can break their own
rules.

>Posting here is a privilege,
>not a right, you are here at the sufferance of the server
>administration. Abuse these privileges badly enough and they will be
>removed. If you will not leave voluntarily, I very strongly suggest that
>you straighten up your act and actually listen to what people are
>telling you.

I "listen" to them, it does not mean I have to agree - and so far I've
very little reason to agree.

As for this hint of a ban - well, I'm actually struggling to word this
bit carefully here so as not to sound like I'm making some sort of
threat or in any way raising a challenge, but basically, it's probably
not a realistic option.

Fortunately, for you I do actually believe in following group rules:
no swearing, no asking people to leave, whatever.

Of course, I shall continue to use JPEG2000 as appropriate - as that's
apparently not a no-no.

You could change the rules, of course, but you'd being doing it with a
hollowness inside - I'd probably have a good laugh at the reasoning
that would have to be concocted for the FAQ. I'd still continue to
post of course - JPEG, GIF, PNG and perhaps any other new format not
yet conceived of that might be useful.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com