POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amazing Discovery! : Re: Amazing Discovery! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazing Discovery!
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Nov 1999 16:11:08
Message: <8kY6OObs59yeZFkRJXDO1lvZIRQQ@4ax.com>
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:32:06 -0500, "Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom>
wrote:

>With one of the Descent games (I think it was Descent 1), if you choose the
>correct 3-d option, it would put two images side-by-side on the monitor, and
>if you then looked at it cross-eyed, it would look 3d.  No glasses needed,
>but talk about a headache!

The option is -vfx and works in at least Descent I and I think Descent
II (I don't have them installed right now). It is not a cross eye but
rather diverge eyes. There is a method described in the readme on how
to make a simple device (no optics just some paper/cartboard) which
makes visualizing such 3D much easier.

>Regarding the original post: if you play those 3d first-person games with
>one eye blocked, you can see quite a bit of 'fake' depth.

Yeah, but then how will you keep an eye on your health/armor? :)

>-Nathan

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700