POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UV-Mapping and gif images : Re: UV-Mapping and gif images Server Time
16 Jun 2024 12:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV-Mapping and gif images
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 19 Dec 2003 11:43:47
Message: <8ia6uvouur5112jv77u8cfrbp5adr0kpkn@4ax.com>
Hi Bernd Klenk, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> >> Or are there some unresolved issues with gif?
> >GIF is not supported in Moray.
> Since when?
OK, maybe I should rephrase it: Moray has never been able to read
images in GIF format. It does support the GIF filetype as a
pass-through because POV-Ray can read it. But since Moray is not
freeware, the Unisys licensing issues have caused me to not support
it.

So, you can select a GIF file for an image map, heightfield or
whatever, but Moray will not read the image data.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray