POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No country for old men : Re: No country for old men Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No country for old men
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Aug 2009 04:37:12
Message: <8fsc85pm1555lo4qv5m2tps41uks8ngmep@4ax.com>
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 05:41:12 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

>Reminds me of a trip to Great Britain, Scotland in particular. I had
>expected them to speak some unintelligible accent, but no person I spoke
>to did.
>

>Then I drove down to the English Midlands, and at some point had to ask
>for directions late at night. I stopped and asked some bloke that
>happened to be there. He told me, and I nodded and thanked him politely.
>
>Then I drove further down the road to ask someone else... >_<

Scots is a Germanic language and if you have a noticeable German accent the
people will speak slowly. Which is more than can be said of a lot of people in
the midlands (Bill excepted, I'm sure :). They make no allowances for outsiders.

Having said that in parts of the North East of Scotland I've had great
difficulty understanding their accent, Doric.
--

Regards
     Stephen