POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Mar 2009 12:13:27
Message: <8cr1t4lhm57qea8mm827kqjdmpbpmq3hg7@4ax.com>
On 30 Mar 2009 11:15:47 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>Now you're bringing logic into it -

Of course, if all else fails then use logic.

>but technically only one person could
>be at the 50% mark. :-)

Duh? O_O

>>>Depends on the route I'm driving and how busy the road is.  I usually
>>>get to the city after rush hour is over, so the surface streets are not
>>>all that busy.  I also use a headset, both hands on the wheel at all
>>>times.
>>>

>> Better than using a handset, I admit, but your concentration is still
>> not 100% on the road IMO.
>
>Nobody's is at all times anyways.  You've had a crappy day at work, you
>get in the car and you're still thinking about work.  Some guy cuts you
>off doing 85 in a 65 and nearly runs you off the road; most people tend
>to think about what a jack*ss he is for at least 5-10 minutes afterwards.
>
>Like I said, I restrict my attention to the things that are important and
>don't overload my mind.  Rather than seeing the stupid billboard at the
>side of the road, I'm having a conversation.

I don't want to get all religious about it so I'll say no more other than "YOU
will burn in HELL"  </Joke>

Actually that was the way of speaking some of the ministers I had at school,
when I was too young to walk out. Sad really.

>> From my understanding of the way alcohol relaxes you he must have been
>> blotto then. That does not add up. If he was so relaxed then he would
>> not have been able to react swiftly and correctly. I presume that he was
>> wearing a seatbelt and in a safe car to escape serious injury.
>
>Ford Mondeo, and yeah, seatbelt was on.  But no, having seen how he
>drinks, he is generally pretty relaxed when stone cold sober anyways, so
>it wouldn't have taken a lot.  His account was that he was just over the
>limit.

That's what I drive so it is good to know that they are safe.
--

Regards
     Stephen