POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 24 Feb 2002 13:29:18
Message: <8JTVb+Od4xB@lzer.net>
> Exactly what would happen if you rendered the image at a large
resolution
> and then scaled it down. You get smooth results. If your very bright stars
> covered several pixels each, they would be completely jaggy using your
> method. To me that's not intuitive when I have turned on AA to get smooth
> results.

I assume, you can get this result with P3.5, if you:

1) Scale the brightness of all lights/textures to fit into [0,1]
2) Render the image with an n-times higher resolution, using 16Bit
3) Rescale the image to the size, you want ...
4) make the brighness-adjustment of 1) reverse ...

this should avoid the "unwanted" clipping ...
And I think, this is what should happen, when using bright pigments ...