POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : please confirm ... : Re: please confirm ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:01:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: please confirm ...
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 23 Feb 2002 17:50:14
Message: <8JPUG1tO4xB@lzer.net>
> I would confirm that you must have done either:
> ...something weird in your scene which takes forever to render[1]
Yes
> ...something wrong in your scene which could be made better[2]
Probably

> But that's hard to say with no source-code...
will follow when image is ready ...

> [1] too many merge's where union is sufficient, stacked-planes, area_lights?
no merge, only csg is one union of 80000 rounded-cubes(which of course are
again unions). I presume that the automatic bonding worked quite well, as
this object is already done computing

> [2] too large container objects for isos or medias?
no isos, no media, for bounding look at answer_of([1]).

the time-consuming part is the ground-plane, which uses fresnel-
reflection-blur[23] ...

above this plane there is a TTF-Object, scaled z*200 (away from Cam) and
"filled" with fade-color ... so all intersections of the font have to be
computed ...
furtermore there are also 2 ground-fogs defined ...

but what the heck ... raytracing is no fun, unless pps < 5 (hey...
currently I have 100ppm)

[23] I only set 16 layers ...