POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion : Re: 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
From: ingo
Date: 15 Nov 2000 11:44:29
Message: <8FEDBAAA1seed7@povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
>: and some object-oriented features, like member
>: variables/methods and simple inheritance.
>
>  If object-orientedness is ever implemented in the povray scripting
>  language, my opinion is that it should be done well from the beginning.
>  In my opinion a language that has some OO features but is only
>  "half-OO" is a bad idea.

In the several discussions there where on this OO-pov topic, there is one
thing I don't understand, or maybe it's my ignorance; Why design a new
language? Why not pick a suitable, already existing OO-language with
everything on it and write the appropriate modules, classes etc.?

Python & POV:
http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/cp4e.html#python

3D Python:
http://virtualphoton.pc.cc.cmu.edu/projects/visual/
(Chris, a mac (alpha)version is now available)

Ingo