POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : where is it? : Kernig [was: where is it?] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  Kernig [was: where is it?]
From: ingo
Date: 9 Nov 2000 17:08:01
Message: <8FE7E32E3seed7@povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote:

>Worse yet, it may not have been I who posted it.  I certainly don't
>remember writing such a macro.

Thanks Ron, it seems I was quite wrong,

>  From: "Eric Freeman" <eri### [at] ametronet>
>  Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 02:46:58 -0500

and it's mutch older than I thought.

It does exactly what I thought, but not what I hoped. Is there a way to
get the kerning(?) of a text with a macro? Or does that need a patch (is
it the total_offset in truetype.c)?

I'd like to somehowe get an array with the minimal x-coordinate of each
letter in a text-object. This for better placing text along an arc or
curve. With fixed letter distances it look terrible, especialy, the in
Dutch often used, "ij" combination. I'm trying to make a Pythonscript
using the FreeType library, but it's still a bit above my powers :(

Ingo