POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview : Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG file produced after breaking off a render with Mosaic Preview
From: Soren Andersen
Date: 21 Jul 2000 17:12:16
Message: <8F78AF057soren2000j@news.povray.org>
Jon A. Cruz <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in <MsgID-suppressed>:

>Let me know if you need some programmers to start browbeating them.
>Often companies won't admit problems unless you get on them with people
>who know what they're doing. Then again, some companies just don't
>care.

Good good good attitude. I'd like to take you up on that. That's a realy good
point. I have been struggling solo with the company that produces my registered
software ThumbsPlus 4, which has a fatal PNG-writing bug in its latest build
on Win32 (see http://catalpa88.tripod.com/ThumbsBug.html for info on that).
They say they'll have that fixed for the nest release -- but that doesn't
address all the old code that they haven't worked on (apparently) for years,
that doesn't support PNGs (especially color-mapped ones).

If any readers care to go read my page and especially if any use ThumbsPlus,
please write to the folks at sup### [at] ceriouscom and ceriously ask them (g) to
pay some cerious attention (ggg) to PNG in their popular application, for a
change.

  TIA,
     soren andersen

--
Using PNG-format images as Web BACKGROUNDs without
"breaking your Site" for silly older browsers: