POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : realistic rendering in pov : Re: realistic rendering in pov Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: realistic rendering in pov
From: daishi
Date: 27 Jun 2000 00:04:42
Message: <8F5FF9AABdashixpressnet@204.213.191.228>
the main problem with 3d in general is that the scene/textures/anything are
to 'perfect' (most of my scenes I do do in 'hyper realism' though. its only
a few times I like to get the less then perfect 'real world')

for textures, noise is your friend. one thing I think pov could use is
fractal noise, this seems to be better then the other types of noise imo

also a fully extensible shading language ala renderman wouldn't hurt either

I was only trying to get the vase thing to look photorealistic. I think one
of the problems might be is that the vase was just a massive triangle mesh
(exported from rhino). I can't see anyway to construct it nativly in pov
(and I wouldn't either, I do all my modelling in rhino these days)

I still say the shadows are to washed out. maybe some day I'll retweak them
, after I purchase that dual ghz comp :)

rco### [at] yahoocom (ryan constantine) wrote in