POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's wrong with povray? : Re: What's wrong with povray? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's wrong with povray?
From: daishi
Date: 24 Jun 2000 20:29:33
Message: <8F5DC32AFdashixpressnet@204.213.191.228>
if we are talking movies we are most likely talking renderman
prman is a scanline renderer, but bmrt was used for 7 shots in a bugs life
(needed ray traced reflections)

pov lacks displacement mapping, photon mapping (at least in the offcial
dist) support for nurbs, no shader support, etc. and its animation control
isn't geared towards movies at all