POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: ingo
Date: 12 Mar 2000 10:51:13
Message: <8EF5AE4F2seed7@204.213.191.228>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

>Back then I realized that this would be a fully academic exercise, since
>it was clear that no-one would actually program scenes in a POV-Java
>binding.

What is a binding?

Will it make it possible for a Java (or Perl) program to interact with a
scene during parsing? Kind of a macro being executed outside POV and its
result being used in the scene again (without writing/reading a file).

#binding {
  perl,            //language
  "GrowTree.pl"    //file
  Age              //Data needed by GrowTree.pl
  Shadowside
  Oak
}

>The resulting Java program would, if compiled and run, create a standard
>POV-Script plugin which could be included into any POV-Scene, and which
>would contain any macro and object created in the Java-Script.

This sounds more like a program that can output a POV-file but not interact
with POV.

Ingo