POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Fading objects in an animation. : Re: Fading objects in an animation. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fading objects in an animation.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Oct 1999 14:16:32
Message: <8AX7N9NX0BI5VcVP0RQfgNCzv7sU@4ax.com>
On Tue, 05 Oct 1999 23:29:56 -0500, Matt <mat### [at] wctcnet> wrote:

>What would be the easiest way to fade in/out a single object in a
>scene?  (I have a tiled floor that I would like to just fade out over a
>few frames.)  Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Matt

Render two versions of the scene (or the anim). Put the floor in one
of the version and omit it in the other. Then use simple weighted
averaging to fade between both. You can use the POV average pattern in
an image_map, and map the averaged result on a box or plane in front
of the camera. You can also use Warp's Averager, DTA or my averager.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700