POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Multiboot help : Re: Multiboot help Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:53:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiboot help
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Jul 2002 18:18:15
Message: <89lrju4sjadqpln4evchtuibelhhdvvtvb@4ax.com>
On 23 Jul 2002 14:25:27 -0400, Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg>
wrote:

>Those are the boot sectors from the original win9x installation; NT would
>normally create them as it installs if it knows you have a 9x installed.
>Without them, I'm not sure what you need to do.  Perhaps you can find a
>friend who would pirate half a K of boring boot code for you :)

Yeah, Linux is my friend :) I can't count now how many times it has
saved my bum out of Windows problems but the fact it - that was
exactly what helped me out.

All I had to do was dd the original Win95 bootsector and dd the NT
bootsector over it, then add c:\="Win98SE" /win95 to boot.ini and
voila! Oh, and of course I switched the disks so that the win95 one is
primary master, then copied boot.ini, nrldr and ntdetect in the root
directory, too.

Took me two days to figure out. It could have been easier if only
there was more documentation on the subject... anyway, it's working
now.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg