POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum physics : Re: Quantum physics Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum physics
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 24 Jul 2010 00:09:40
Message: <87wrslcyeu.fsf@fester.com>

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2010/07/born-rules-quantum-mechanics-survives-triple-slit-test.ars

> (They don't seem to do a very good job of particles either, for that matter.)

Well, because they're neither.

As I said many threads ago, I never liked the whole particle + wave
duality. What they are acts neither like a macro particle, nor as a
mathematical particle, nor as a macro wave. It's just in a category of
its own.

Electrons aren't waves. They aren't simple particles either. Why can't
they just teach it that way?