POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 18 Jan 2011 15:58:53
Message: <87vd1m2amh.fsf@fester.com>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> writes:

> I'm not sure I agree with that.
>
> It's pretty easy to write a document and put it online somewhere. It's
> pretty easy to make some music and put it online somewhere. Either way,
> you don't really need a publisher.
>
> If you want to earn money, and if you want publicity, you probably need
> a publisher.

I suspect marketing is a lot more effective with music than with
books. And music is different: Not many people buy random albums from
nobodies while in a music store. With books, they do.

> I don't really see how ebooks are different from music, video, or
> anything else.

Try to see if you can dig up the profit margins publishers operate
on. It's often quite low. At times, a bestselling author makes more
money than his publisher does (after you take out expenses).

Or so I've heard.