POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : problem with XP : Re: problem with XP Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:49:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with XP
Date: 24 Jan 2002 06:40:31
Message: <87sv4u8alrd91nn183e8a32hvkujd31ft7@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:27:17 +0100, "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote:
> I have had this problem for years with NT (since 3.1 at least, on several
> machine) and reported it a few times but got no confirmation. Why nobody
> seemed to mind until now is probably due that few people used NT, and if
> this problem has spread to XP it may mean that it's eventually going to grab
> someone's attention !

iirc I have confirmed this behaviour in answer to your post in some group (iirc
beta-test)

I always set povray to low priority on my NT. It helps avoid pauses in my case.

Assumptions: For 3.5 I played a lot with insert menu and found that it takes
little time to load it. I wonder if it is some kind of dynamic resources and it
is loaded and unloaded time to time. There are bitmaps - perhaps they are
unallocated when memory is required to something and allocated again when povray
gets focus or insert menu gets hit.

ABX