POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
8 Oct 2024 17:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 18 Jan 2011 21:16:58
Message: <87ei893agv.fsf@fester.com>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> writes:

>> I suspect marketing is a lot more effective with music than with
>> books. And music is different: Not many people buy random albums from
>> nobodies while in a music store. With books, they do.
>
> Do they?

Apparently. I've often bought an interesting looking book at the
store. I think lots of people go to bookstores just to browse and buy a
random book. That random book they buy is often one that's placed in a
convenient location in the store.

What percentage of (fiction) books are bought this way, though, I don't
know.

> I'd also imagine it'd be easier to check for good music than for good
> books: you just gotta listen for a sample for a while rather than read
> a few pages...

I'm not sure I know any one who merely listened to a sample of a song
and bought it. Most people hear the whole thing somewhere, and then buy
it. But then again, my friends aren't crazy about music.