POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kindle : Re: kindle Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kindle
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 25 Aug 2010 22:26:26
Message: <877hjef6pu.fsf@fester.com>
Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> writes:

> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>> Why?
>
> For one, it's easy to travel.

True, if you travel often.

> That bothered me for a while also. Then I realized I have large stacks
> of books that I've read once and will likely never read again. As well

That's why I switched to libraries (if they have the book) ;-)

> as other stacks of technical books that will be obsolete long before I
> run out of space on the kindle. As well as bunches of free books in

I think for me, a physical book is still more convenient when it comes
to technical books. For everything else, electronic is probably fine.

> electronic form that would be quite annoying to read on a computer
> screen.

Free books are definitely worth the Kindle, I guess. Years ago, I read
half a book on my PDA (Palm OS). As you can guess, the screen was small,
but it wasn't an issue for text-only. It had the extra benefit over the
Kindle in that I could fit it in my pocket.

Unfortunately, it would lose everything in memory every time you ran out
of power.

I have quite a few non-technical books lying around unread. So a year
ago I told myself that I'm not going to buy any more until I either read
the ones sitting around, or get rid of them. And after /that/, I'll buy
only if the library can't get it. So an ebook reader is a no-no for now.