POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Error handling during parsing : Re: Error handling during parsing Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:41:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error handling during parsing
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Dec 2003 11:52:06
Message: <85e6b1-a3b.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
ingo wrote:

> During writing mesh generation macros I often wished there woud be a try
> except thingy. There are cases where POV-Ray just continues parsing
> although the results are wrong, for example nomalising a zero length
> vector.

But this is not the kind of situation a try .. except block should be
used for.  You can easily solve this with a simple #if.

A try .. except would be useful for something like what Peter mentioned
if you do not only want to check for the existence of a file but also
want to handle the case the file exists but is not a valid png image.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______