POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Linux link for MegaPOV 0.6a : Re: Linux link for MegaPOV 0.6a Server Time
21 Jul 2024 03:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux link for MegaPOV 0.6a
From: Peter Popov
Date: 8 Jun 2001 22:06:32
Message: <8213it43e9h5atmhdbmhmpatkilc6vk9lo@4ax.com>
On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 21:26:13 +0200, Alessandro Coppo <a.c### [at] iolit>
wrote:

>Get POV3.1g sources, and copy the MegaPOV ones upon 3.1. Edit the
>Makefile, adding the files which where not present in the 3.1 build, and
>make the beast. Even without having seen POV sources before, I managed
>to have a wonderful 0.6a working on my Linux box in less than 2 hours.

Yeah, that's what I did, only automating it a bit. As I couldn't get
GCC output the list of dependencies, I diffed the ls of 3.1 and
megapov and then cut & sed it into something worth copying & pasting
into the makefile. Took me less than it took you in time but probably
twice as much in nerve.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg