POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d : Re: Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Syntax highlighting bug: atan2d
Date: 29 Apr 2002 11:00:47
Message: <80nqcukfoplnhpklrn2f05leeiruj2ev13@4ax.com>
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:41:05 +0200, "Vic" <let### [at] fwhu> wrote:
> > have you checked portfolio features ?
>
> It could be a "stupid" question, but: What is portfolio?

Subfolder in /scenes in 3.5 distro.
Just start rendering of /scenes/portfolio/*.ini in queue.
It will create set of images with browser engine realised via html files.
Read /scenes/portfolio/readme.txt for more informations.

> > have you checked screen.inc as universal
> > include file for texture developing ?
>
> Yes, I've checked this. It's for creating "floating logos fixed to a camera".
> Why is it neccessary for a texture library?

Becouse of Screen_Plane() and Screen_Object() macros.
It is not necessary. With engine like portfolio it
is *enough* for texture browser.
Just look like it is simple to preview texture with it

// begin
#include "screen.inc"
#declare My_Super_Hiper_Texture=texture{
  pigment{
    wrinkles
    pigment_map{
      [0 granite color_map{[0 rgb x][1 rgb z]}]
      [1 agate]
    }
  }
  finish{ambient 1 diffuse 0}
}
Screen_Plane( My_Super_Hiper_Texture , 1, 0, 1)
// end

ABX