POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface help : Re: isosurface help Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface help
From: Erhard Ducke
Date: 10 Dec 2003 09:21:44
Message: <7jaetvcmsa8aib88mgr4jrmellb6mjsqqf@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:13:03 +0000, Mike Williams
<nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

>I used Notepad to write the perl script that generates it.

:-)
So it was a kind of understatement when you talked of notepad before.
Perl is an excellent tool for these kind of tasks.
I'm just reading the 'Camel Book'...
I think Perl can also work together with Pov. My first project when I
understand a bit more of Perl will be a program that cuts the appropriate
piece of height data out of these huge DEM files dependant on the view of
the the earth just rendered. The whole file would never fit into RAM...

--
Erhard Ducke