POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: IMBJR
Date: 8 Mar 2004 16:55:49
Message: <7hpp40tm54o88jl23splnc5f0p72ttm8vi@4ax.com>
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 20:56:46 -0600, "Fernando G. del Cueto"
<fcu### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 14:36:27 -0600, "Fernando G. del Cueto"
>> <fcu### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>> Indeed. People here really need to get off their arses and stop
>> wallowing in the past.
>
>Even though I agree with your willingness to adopt JPEG2000, I don't think
>you should take it so personally.

Dear me, I dont take the crusade to use JPEG2000 personally. I take
butchery of my work personally.

>Everybody has their right and their
>reasons to agree and disagree on the adoption of this format in this group.

Yes, and I respect them I really do - but I shall give rudeness to
those who will treat me rudely or such a tone that smacks of rudeness.

>I also prefer to go to some troubles to see JP2 images and avoid those ugly
>JPG artifacts. Some people don't. Some people prefer comfort and stability.
>I think that's absolutely respectable.

I agree.

>I understand you may feel frustrated by the response of the majority. But I,
>for one, think that getting along is much more important than the usage of
>any format in the group. Of course, that's my debatable opinion.

Getting along is not worth it when those around seem hell-bent on
rudeness.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com