POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : name for no interpolation : Re: name for no interpolation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:09:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: name for no interpolation
From: ABX
Date: 11 Sep 2002 05:08:41
Message: <7e1unus8h9amgktm4ktrh7b1g77bgmevnb@4ax.com>
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:21:01 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> In the case of sphere_sweeps, don't you define a path it shall sweep on?  So
> maybe call it "path" or "path_type".

Yes, 'path' sounds nice. So one vote for 'connection' and one for 'path'. Any
other vote? My heart is now for 'path_type FLOAT' becouse it is made with
short words and I don't like that I have to reserve new token for every new
type of interpolation. There are also subtypes for interpolations when I can't
choose nice names. For example there are two toroidal connection types: one by
Ron Parker and one by Slime (IIRC). Making type float is better IMO. What do
you think?

ABX