POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rotation around arbitary axis? : Re: rotation around arbitary axis? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rotation around arbitary axis?
Date: 13 Feb 2002 03:25:35
Message: <7b8k6u09e18dl5gn1m14qk26elgu6bthmb@4ax.com>
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:38:20 +0100, "Sebastian H." <seb### [at] webde> wrote:
> When just reading a bit about quaternions and that stuff
> I was wondering if I could make Pov rotate any object around an arbitary
> axis (not around X,Y,Z).

Sure, do following steps:
1. Download, install and start current beta of 3.5
2. Write at begining of your scene
    #include "transforms.inc"
3. Call macro in object modifiers list of your object:
    Axis_Rotate_Trans(Axis, Angle)

> This has surely been discussed before or I've just missed it in the
> docs, but how is it?

If you not use 3.5 then look at http://enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/macs.htm
There is macro AxisRotate - afaik result is the same.

ABX