POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ortho-Cam ?? : Re: Ortho-Cam ?? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ortho-Cam ??
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Nov 1999 02:33:44
Message: <7aozOE+WMffezqVnVoiUF0aNaGhb@4ax.com>
On 17 Nov 1999 05:51:35 -0500, ing### [at] homenl (ingo) wrote:

>In the scene below, try all four locations. In the first all is
>ok, the second gives a black image. The third is ok again and
>the fourth is missing the sphere.
>Why does this happen?

I think the direction vertor length is longer that your camera
location-to-look_at distance, causing some problems. With an ortho
camera you can move it as far back as you like, and then use the up
and right vectors to indicate viewing area. Try moving it as far back
as 100 and use something lije up Size*y right Size*4/3*x, and vary
Size until you get a perfect fit.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700